October Cyclo-Cross Masterclass
This Autumn we’re back with our CX Masterclass, just in time to hone your cx skills. Our expert coaches have competed at national level cx races, they’re well experienced in the skills required to compete on top level courses & can’t wait for a fantastic day coaching all the elements required to develop into a successful cx racer!
What do we get up-to?
Our CX Masterclass is the ultimate day of cx skills and technique development.
You’ll spend the full day (6 hours) exploring all aspects of CX racing and developing your skillset. These sessions are aimed at those with a strong interest in CX racing and a cyclo-cross bike along with a good level of fitness is highly recommended. The morning session will focus on essential techniques training: starts, dismounting and remounting the bike, carrying the bike, cornering techniques, bunny-hops etc... everything you need to be a complete cx rider. We’ll break for lunch before the 2nd half of the day.
During the afternoon session you’ll be putting new techniques into practice with coach-led racing and games, using your new techniques under a little bit of pressure, whilst having fun.
We’ll use the extensive terrain available at Sherwood to challenge riders’ skills further, think steep run ups, fast descents & we might even head to some off-camber corners.
What equipment is needed?
- Working CX bike & helmet – this doesn’t have to be a high-end model but must be of good quality suitable for advanced off-road terrain and in good working order. Helmets must of appropriate size/fit for the rider & must be in good condition (no cracks) If you’re not sure if your bike is sufficient then feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org & our coaches can advise you further.
- Packed lunch (with lots of high energy food)
- Spare innertube (that fits your bike or spare wheels)
- Warm clothing and waterproofs. You can’t have enough of these even if the weather looks great, we’ll be outside all day and once cold or wet it’s hard to warmup again. Spare clothing is important too, as if it’s wet we’ll have opportunity to put fresh kit on but we won’t stop the session due to rain.
- Plenty of snacks and drinks. Cycling is hard work, so lots of high energy snacks (bananas, flapjacks and jelly babies are popular) are important. Plenty of water/drinks.
Our complete team of fully qualified experienced, insured, First Aid trained & Enhanced DBS checked instructors will be on hand for your child's every need throughout the afternoon to ensure everyone is happy, safe & having the time of their lives.
How to book?
Our October CX Masterclass's takes place on...
Tuesday 24rd October 10:00 - 16:00 – book here.
Wednesday 1st November 09:00 - 15:00 - Book here.
If you’re a keen off-road rider but MTB is more your thing, why not checkout our MTB sessions at Sherwood here, or if Road is your bag, why not have a look at our Race class opportunities over in Doncaster.